Thursday, January 6, 2011

i'm back!

To reply to my previous post I really got better in rehab but also realized I'm perhaps a little crazier than I thought. But overall, it was an amazing experience in there. First thing I learned, being sober isn't just for chumps. It's not all that bad. I CAN survive without weed and the rest. And I say I'm a little crazier than I thought because I get visual distortions when I get really upset or anxious. I couldn't notice this before because I was always getting visual distortions and hallucinations because of all the continuous joints. Second big thing, is that drugs do not solve your problems or anxiety/mood issues. They just let you ignore them better. I know this especially because my bro told me on my first weekend back that I seemed much less stressed than before rehab. This surprised me because I was having a pretty stressful weekend without the option of turning to drugs. And then I realized it was because I was too stoned to notice it before. Anyhow, I'm off to an NA meeting tonight near my house. Here's hoping it's a good group.

1 comment:

  1. All the best, sister Innah! I love the picture in your profile!

    ReplyDelete