Friday, July 23, 2010

my philosophical two cents

I may have come up with a sort of quote:
The meaning of life is in relationships.
You can't have meaning if you can't relate or compare anything to anything else. And this is because God is love, meaning He's all about relationships amongst ourselves, with our environment, between individuals and Him etc. And this is why most of us would eventually go nuts if we were completely isolated from everybody else too long. And this is why community is so important and why you can know alot about someone by observing their friends.
I guess having BPD means I'm not too good at these things sometimes because I relate and percieve in extremes. I can be so friendly and helpful but I can also be so selfish and judgmental. I can react too strongly to what someone might say to me. But anyhow, God can heal the most wretched in the world so I have hope in Him. Which reminds me; while I was having an awfully rough night the last time I was hospitalized, a melody cut through all the pain and dizziness. Out of nowhere I was hearing the melody of the song I Love You, Lord and it gave me something to hold on to. I kept humming it over and over in my head and the Lord gave me more resilience through it. I would have suffered alot more if it wasn't for that song popping into my head. Music can truly be powerful.
Here are the words:

I love You Lord
and I lift my voice
to worship You
O my soul, rejoice!
Take joy my King, in what You hear
may it be a sweet, sweet sound in Your ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment