Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Happy Belated new years!

Wow I've been busy! Time flies when you're having fun or studying. I can't believe how normal my life has become. I feel so much better it's a crazy miracle every morning I wake up and feel ready to do what I have to do. I thank God from the bottom of my heart every day. The holidays were really great. I got to have a heart to heart with my grandparents and a cousin, hung out with friends more. I went to my bf's family Christmas party with 45 ppl which was kinda overwhelming but still nice and a quiet new years eve at my cousins' place with two of her friends and some beers. Life's been good. I can't believe I can say that now. I'll elaborate more on some of these things in my next post. I'm back in school now, continuing intro to psych and now starting algebra. I was scared of it but they really start at the beginning of math in general so I've been able to follow thus far. It's really a class for people who suck at math haha. My intro to psych professor  really likes me now, considers me one of the top students. I've been getting As for all the midterms and I just got an A+ on the last one! 
Remember I said I would start drinking once in a while and see how that goes? Well I've learned more about myself that's for sure. I can have just one or two beers if I'm just at a pub with my bf or one other friend, but if it's a party or party atmosphere like at a club, I consistently overdo it. At the last bday party at a club I went to, I said I would only have one but had more like 6 and by the time I got to my bf's house, I puked twice. Most unpleasant but in the moment when you're having fun, you figure you can have just one more and then just one more etc... And thinking about it, I could see this getting really bad. So, no drinking at all if it's a party atmosphere. Only one on one in restaurants or at home or at a low-key pub. I'll see if that works, and if I still break my limits, I'm just going to go dry at all times. I've already proven to myself I don't need substances to have fun. I don't NEED alcohol to have fun or have it be in my life in general. So here goes. There will be a karaoke bday party and I'm telling myself now, no drinks that night at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment