Thursday, January 9, 2014

semester started

So school has started again this week and I realized why I made myself a bit of a crazy schedule. My profs seem amazing. At least so far. I'm pretty excited about it. But also wary. You know how it is with me and February/May. My PTSD gets so triggered at these times so I decided to tell my profs right away that I might run into trouble and that I'm registered with the disabilities office. They were both incredibly understanding. Which was very reassuring. I was worried about telling them but they both appreciated it. But just the act of mentioning it in vague terms has made me more emotionally unstable, I feel drained and almost cried when out of curiosity one of them asked me for more details. I only said my PTSD gets triggered at those times and if I said anything more I think I would have fallen apart right in front of his eyes. I can only see that in retrospect though. I only seem to realize after the fact that I am emotionally affected. Oh well, I will just do my best, that's all I can do. Still, I feel very nervous about the group project we will have to do in research methods. I hate group projects. So many things can go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment