Monday, January 20, 2014

and the ups and downs have started

I'm leery of group projects but I am very interested in research methods and how to carry out scientific studies. So I'm mostly excited. Also, my fundamentals of behavioural neurobiology class looks really interesting too. Both classes are a lot of work but so interesting at the same time. Hopefully I won't fall behind. School is so much better two courses at a time. I've had a good weekend doing some DDR at my dad's place for exercise, cooking and marinating korean bulgogi perfectly last night and enjoying a deluxe bison burger with my fiance at one of our favorite pubs and having Bible study on Thursday with nice people I can be open with. What has been not so nice are my freaking dreams. I am getting annoyed by them. First I dreamt that I was with my mom and I hugged her but too tight so she told me to stop. Then I had 5 dreams in a row in one night about getting and using mounds of cocaine. I couldn't function the rest of the day. Then last night I dreamt that me and my fiance were trying to buy speed and ecstasy in Korea (which I'm pretty sure would be nearly impossible) and for some reason it's supposed to be cheaper there and that's why we tried. And all night was about trying to score pills and buying a cell phone. What bothered me most was the mentality I had in my dream that just having pills is ok and won't ruin my life like other drugs did. I woke up wondering if that was true for a bit until logic kicked in and said NO. But now I have to keep telling my stupid brain that NO, it's not ok to have any drugs other than alcohol once in a while. It's tiring. It's like there's a kid inside my head that just doesn't take no for an answer very easily and they're throwing a tantrum: "I want my drugs NOW!!". I hope I'll be able to study with all that going on... Hmm, that would make a funny drawing...

No comments:

Post a Comment