Wednesday, July 13, 2011

fun dream

I had such a neat dream the other night I figured I should write it down. I thank God that it wasn't tortuous or emotionally draining or a nightmare or anything like that. Anyways, I dreamt that me and my family and my dad's parents suddenly moved to a huge mansion that partly was like a medieval church with 30 foot ceilings in stone and beautiful stained glass windows and part of it looked like a normal mansion. We were looking around in awe and then we stepped out the front door and saw that even the door was made of heavy wood and shaped in an arch like an old church door. But instead of standing outside we were in a giant indoor courtyard to which other mansions were also connected. The courtyard walls and ceiling were also made of stone and was 60 feet high at least. There was a nice garden with some low stone walls and benches so we decided to explore and see the mansions of our neighbours. Each one looked unique with interesting colours and shapes and when I turned a corner inside the courtyard I came across another huge space with high ceilings and large chandelier-like lights and warm-coloured walls. It felt clean and cozy so I had to step inside. It looked like a public pool space but instead of a pool, it was like giant sinks, baths and pools were melded together into this massive waterpark-like basin. The weirdest part was that the water surface didn't stay flat, it was shaped like rolling hills and at the edge it came down to floor level so people could step right into it and the further back you got the deeper and higher the water was. Near the top was a lady in a bathrobe who was proud but still chatted to us in a friendly way about the place and invited us to look around. I ended up walking across a sort of bridge pathway over the basin, noticed I was wearing a private high school uniform and slipped into the basin where it was like a gentle but fast slide. I said sorry but wasn't really because it was a fun ride except when I got water in my mouth. One section had easter coloured bumps that felt like they were massaging my back and butt and at the end I splashed into the hilly water I saw in the beginning.
In a totally unrelated part of the dream I ended up in a painting class in a basement that was also part art store. The teacher wasn't paying any attention to me so I got so frustrated I started smashing my canvas with a wood stick. But the stick was cutting the canvas like a knife and slowly changed my canvas into a rubix cube-like object that could be opened to reveal words and sentences. The teacher finally noticed me and admired my ingenious and unique concept of making the object. I was surprised but still mildly annoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment