Monday, May 13, 2013

New diagnosis

My psychologist went to a conference on BPD and told me that 53% of people with BPD also suffer from PTSD and he thinks I do too when it comes to my mom and moms in general. This explains a lot and I think he's right. That's why I have such a hard time when it comes to dates that have to do with my mom and mother's day. If I see anything emotional that has to do with moms I feel like I'm getting hit with a hammer and it saps my energy. If I have dreams with my mom, whether pleasant or nightmarish, it gets really hard to do anything the next day. It also explains why I haven't moved on from her death 9 years ago, I'm still traumatized from everything she did and her actual death. Geez, that adds up to 4 mental illnesses I have: BPD, PTSD, addiction and depression. At least two of those are a lot better now. It's been 11 months no street drugs and I generally don't feel very depressed anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment