Friday, November 15, 2013

happy bday dear friend

Today's my friend's bday. He passed away 3 years ago from addiction and mental health problems. I've talked about him here before. He was the best using buddy possible. He wouldn't give me the number to his heroin dealer and he protected me from violent fellow users. He was so kind and generous. Today I went to his grave with his parents and reminisced about him. It was sad but nice too. I miss him greatly at this time of year. It's just so tragic that he passed away from the same problems that almost killed me, but here I am, getting better and he didn't. But I had that dream about him recently that he came back to tell us what it's like on the other side and he looked so well and happy. Better than I have ever seen him while alive. I know he's in heaven now, spending forever in God's loving presence. Happy bday dear friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment