Saturday, July 11, 2009

Victoria hospital + randomness

It turns out the Royal Victoria hospital seems to have more mental health resources than the one in my area which I have concluded is crap in comparison. There was a very nice lady who talked about their programs and how they work and it all sounds so wonderful... but I have to wait forever like everybody else in Quebec. This frustrated me alot at first but I have come to terms with it better now. Really, I just have to stop trying to figure things out and continue to pray, read the Bible and depend on the Lord.
Meanwhile I have joined a Russian martial arts class downtown and it's pretty awesome so far. It makes me so sore and I'm covered in bruises but that's a good thing right? It's kinda intense when the instructor talks of the different ways the Russian military came up with to kill people without too much conscious effort.

And the Fantasia film festival is here! I just saw Must Love Death and it was quite good. It's amazing it's actually a final project of a film student from Germany because it was really well done. It was a hilarious mixture of romantic comedy and gory horror torture. A combination of the best of both worlds! It's so sweet and silly but then so bloody and sadistic at the same time and even has a happy ending. I'm excited to see the filmmaker's next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment