Friday, September 12, 2014

Officially gonna volunteer at a research lab!

Yay! I'm going to help a grad student conduct her experiment on rats and alcohol! The rats come in October 21st and before that I have to do some training and go to some lab meetings. Once the experiment starts I will be very busy. Hopefully not too busy. I must come in 3 times a week for about 3 hours each time plus some lab meetings. Oh God please give me the strength and commitment to be a good volunteer! I also pray that the grad student will be nice. You know oh Lord how much I'm afraid of people. Please let us have a pleasant relationship.

On a related note, I am not a fan of animal testing but I accept it as necessary for science. It's not ideal but then there's a lot in this world that is not ideal and I'm not going to single out animal testing as more evil than other things our society allows. At least it's a step up from horrific human testing that has happened in the past. I had a sort of friend attack me on facebook for volunteering at a lab with rats (she's vegetarian and all that). I understand the sentiment but I have my already stated opinion on the matter and I really don't need negativity from someone I don't know that well and who is being overly dogmatic.
And of course it makes my day worse. Just a stupid comment on facebook. I hate how sensitive I am sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment