Wednesday, September 10, 2014

school and stuff

My outfit troubles ended well and the wedding was very fancy and pretty. And I didn't get drunk! Just pleasantly tipsy. I enjoyed the rest of my summer and now school has started. I decided it was time to volunteer at a research lab at school to get research experience for grad school. I was so nervous I couldn't email any profs for a bit but finally I emailed two who I thought had interesting research and they both wrote back saying they are accepting volunteers! They both work with rats and drugs of addiction. I tried one but it didn't work out. I was about to be part of the lab when I realized he deals with heroin and cocaine in the lab. I figured it would be in liquid form so that wouldn't bother me but I asked and I would have had to deal with them in powder form! That would have been horrible. I'm sure I would eventually cave and steal from him. So I told him I am a recovering drug addict and he kindly said good luck finding another lab to volunteer at. So I talked to the second prof who only deals with alcohol and rats and she still hasn't gotten back to me about if I am accepted or not. Sigh, I hate waiting.

At least I don't have to wait any more for my loans and bursaries! I have money now! Of course, I went on a bit of a spending spree on boots and two dresses. Yeah, that's another addiction but it's better than snorting cocaine everyday. We all have our addictions, at least one. When I was using, I never went shopping, now that I don't have that any more I go shopping sometimes and smoke a couple cigarettes a day. That's not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment