Tuesday, June 23, 2015

sober life so far

So I feel better now. The wedding planning is moving along. I thought I would reflect on how life is without drinking or using drugs. It's been over a month now. It feels pretty good. I'm just relieved that I don't have to calculate in my head before every time I drink exactly how many drinks I should have and the anxiety of knowing I would probably go over that anyway. No risk of falling and hitting my head again, no public drunken stupidness and no throwing up and hangovers. It's pretty awesome! Of course, it's the summer and Montreal is famous for beautiful terrasses to drink on so sometimes I miss it a bit but it just isn't worth the short amount of pleasure it gives compared to all the risks. And it gives me the freedom to go to AA, CA meetings on top of the MA meetings I've been going to which really lets me go deeper into the 12 step program which is an amazing program of spiritual growth and miraculous personal change. Hey maybe it will even help me be more functional with school!

No comments:

Post a Comment