Tuesday, June 9, 2015

cut down to size

Is what happened to my dreams for my wedding after talking to the in-laws lol (and not lol). I wanted a venue that was a bit expensive but they are right in reminding me it would be a third of the budget just to rent. But I visited the place, had the contract to sign and everything. I really was picturing having our reception there. Oh well. I think God was truly with me. My mom-in-law was literally freaking out and super-stressed. I suddenly felt some calm and didn't overreact to their arguments that we should really spend as little as possible considering we barely have enough money to live and they already pay for my fiance's rent. They're so practical. Which is good. It's just funny because my dad is not. I told him the price and he didn't freak out at all. He was just like, ok whatever you want. I guess I'm his princess but now my inner princess is coming out during the wedding planning and I don't like it. I don't want to be materialistic and self-centered. Ugh, am I just a spoiled brat?

No comments:

Post a Comment