Tuesday, May 19, 2015

no more alcohol for me

I'm done trying to control my drinking. I never got into any serious trouble because of it but I can't deny any more that it doesn't help me at all either. It's a depressant and only momentarily fun. Plus I know I'm an addict. Addicts generally get addicted to more than one thing and I'm no exception. I've been drinking more and more even though I tell myself it's my least favourite drug. I have to face the facts: I drink to get drunk. I like being drunk. The last time I drank I ended up watching Friends naked and laughing by myself. I always drink more than I intend to. I'm better off without it. Another major reason for stopping drinking is because I want to be helpful to others in MA, AA, etc... A lot of women newcomers came yesterday to MA and I gave them my number to be there for them. If they call and I am drinking, that would be pretty bad and I would be useless to them if not harmful. Also, as a future therapist I want to know what it's like to quit everything. Alcoholics have it harder in some ways than other drug addicts. Everyone likes to drink in our society. Just going to the dep or grocery store you can see your drug of choice right there. There's ads about drinking. All that just doesn't happen with weed or cocaine for example. I want to experience the challenge to fully sympathize. So here I go. Official sober date is May 18th 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment