Friday, October 4, 2013

Heaven and hell

I had a crazy, spiritually significant dream last night. I suddenly became a part of a group of people talking with a girl who died and came back to visit and talk about her experience. But I didn't know her or anybody else in the group so I decided to introduce myself and mentioned I'm in school. The girl said she's trying to get in to a sort of school but it's really hard to get in. I asked, what's it like being dead? She said, well, people randomly rape you and shit and pee on you and all sorts of terrible, perverted things. There's a way to escape but you have to find an access number to the school to get in, then when you graduate you can go somewhere else. It's really hard to get in because the access number is hard to find and everybody wants to find it. I was shocked, thought about it and then realized, she's in hell! I freaked out and said, you're in hell! You don't seem like a bad person, did you reject God or Jesus? The difference between heaven and hell is not the difference between pleasure and pain, it's being in God's presence or being without His presence. Please accept His love!
Then the scene changed completely and I knew I was in a group of people again, this time waiting for my friend who died from a drug overdose in real life to come back and tell us how he is. He showed up looking very well and chatted with us for a long time. I hate that I can't remember what he was saying, only that he looked calm and able to talk well which are two things he never could do when he was alive. Then I asked him the same question, what's it like being dead? feeling worried that he might be suffering like the girl. He said, it's been the best experience of my life. He looked so happy when he said this, and I knew he must live in heaven now. I was so happy to see him again and then I woke up.
I wonder what this dream meant. For sure my friend is in heaven now, I know this. But I wonder about the rest of the dream. Is hell really as she described? Is there an incredibly difficult way to get out of hell through a form of school? This would help to answer one of those theological dilemmas I've sometimes wondered about. If hell is the absence of God's presence, how does it exist? Everything needs God's touch to exist and He knows everything including what goes on in hell so doesn't that mean He does have a presence there? Well if there is a kind of school which is a way to get out of hell, then I guess that is God's presence in hell but clearly the people in hell do not have access to His presence generally speaking so they suffer and continue to sin against each other. Anyways, crazy dream huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment