Friday, July 18, 2014

S-a

I don't know if that's how you spell her name. She just decided to randomly talk to me and a friend from church a couple days ago on a bar terrace and I could tell she was not all there. I just wasn't sure what drug it was from. She found us to be nice enough and started talking about herself, her life in Vancouver, how it fell to pieces, how she wanted a new start on the East Coast and how her family disowned her and she also got brutally raped at some point and now has PTSD from it... She sounded like a very broken person who could not accept herself and could find acceptance nowhere. My friend went out on a limb and mentioned that we go to church and that she would be welcome to come and she brightened up and talked about how she read the Bible and would love to believe. I shared with her a bit, we showed each other our scars from self-harm, told her I used to be an addict and asked if she had a problem with alcohol since she was drinking a can which was not from the bar and felt bad about it. She said yes, she's an alcoholic and tried getting psychiatric help but got nowhere. I told her to get some rest, here's our numbers and the church address and see you Sunday!
I really hope we see her Sunday.
EDIT: figured I shouldn't actually write her real name here.

No comments:

Post a Comment