Thursday, April 30, 2015

April was apparently something about sexual abuse month?

I think. Well, I don't really like to talk about it but I have been forced into stuff I did not want. I've been touched in places I did not want, once a man forced a kiss on me and once one of my exes basically raped me though he stopped right away when I protested. And I'm definitely not alone in all this. I think it's something like one third of women have been sexually assaulted in some way. And believe me, it does not matter how she's dressed or whether she's high or drunk. A decent man will not take advantage of the situation. But apparently there are a lot of indecent men. Why is it that men are generally gross? Don't mistake me, I think some guys are hot and I love my fiance but there are definitely gender differences. Perhaps it's evolutionary or societal, probably both. It's just strange sometimes just what men find sexy and how often they think of such things. But that's just me thinking aloud. I have forgiven (I think) those who have wronged me but it's just so unfortunate how common it is. It's really not fair for women. If I have a daughter I will worry about these things all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment