Wednesday, October 14, 2015

I'm in a force field of happiness!

I am sorry if I am sounding annoying being all happy and stuff, honestly I almost annoy myself but it's me being happy so...
This happiness is very resilient. Things that usually trigger me just don't have the same gut-punching impact they used to have. Examples:

- If someone talks about my mom I'm fine and can joke about her too.

- Me, my dad and my fiance took advantage of the very last nice day of summer and walked around the gigantic cemetery my mom is at and visited her. I felt sad and missed her extremely but I still felt good about myself and life and stuff. Crazy!

- Using dreams don't upset me any more.

- My dad talked about possibly reconciling with his possibly ex-wife who put him half a million in debt. I drained myself completely earlier in the year trying to convince him 100% that he should leave her and kick her ass in court but when he told me about reconciling last week, I was stressed but was still able to just let it go. It's his life.

- I feel like I'm not ugly even though I weigh more than before

- Kids with their moms make me happy instead of triggering upset feelings about my childhood

- A good friend of mine just got engaged and will have a massive Italian wedding. I feel happy for her and am not comparing what her wedding will be like to mine.

- I don't care if there's enough black on my wedding dress any more, I'm not going to have black beading added on for an extra 450$

Interestingly there was a couple hours one day where I got pretty upset, so upset that I became drained and had to nap and hide in my bed. I saw a video on facebook by Samaritan's Purse showing refugees from Syria coming to the shores of the island of Lesbos, Greece. The boats looked flimsy and overcrowded. Sometimes empty boats would show up. I can't really remember the details now but it was shocking and heartbreaking and I got so sad for the suffering. I can't imagine fleeing my home and country just to survive.

I guess I'm still sensitive but perhaps it can be used to care for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment