Wednesday, August 26, 2009

my aunt's nightmare

I just have to retell my aunt's experience when she was a new Christian.
I guess she was in her late 20's, married with children and had recently become Christian. She loved to study the Bible during her free time which was late at night. So, one of these nights she's on her couch reading her Bible and everyone else is asleep in their rooms. Suddenly she feels someone smack her back and pull her hair. She freaks out, turns around and sees no one there. Creeped out but still enthralled by reading the Bible, she decides to move to the dining room table and study there. Again, someone smacks her in the back really hard and yanks her hair! At this point she's really scared and decides to stop reading and go to bed. Obviously, it was hard to fall asleep but she eventually did and started dreaming. In her dream the door of her bedroom slowly creaked open and she saw a figure draped in shining white clothing. When she saw their face she realized it was Jesus standing there, smiling at her. But as she looked into his face, she realized he was actually smirking at her, looking down at her with a disapproving, menacing smile.
Wow what a creepy dream! It gives me chills, especially since I can picture it happening so well and because the Jesus in her dream did the exact opposite of what his true character is.
Anyways, my aunt got really creeped out too and eventually spoke to a Christian mystic about it. They told her it was an attack from Satan. She had become very threatening to him, being all fervent about God so it was him who smacked her back and then gave her the terrifying dream. It was all to get her to stop studying the Bible and trusting Jesus. And he was right about feeling threatened. Eventually it was through my aunt that my uncles, other aunts and my grandparents got saved here in Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment