Tuesday, August 18, 2009

some positive things about korea

The positive thing about Korea I take most advantage of is the shopping. I've already gone on two shopping sprees! There is just a crazy number of stores in the main shopping areas and you can really find anything in terms of trendy clothing. In fact, it's so trendy that I even like it. Everything just looks so nice so I already got two dresses and two more pairs of shoes. Plus, the prices can be very reasonable but still decent quality.
Anyway, my aunt seems determined to convince me that Korea's great and she took me to a very large park in the suburbs around 10pm and there was still lots of people about. There's always people around all night and it's nice to walk in parks at night since it's cooler than the day. That's the culture here so it's never dangerous to be in parks at night, there's communal exercise equipment and families even have picnics at night by ordering from restaurants to right where they are in the park and will even sleep overnight there under the open sky on a mat. That's pretty neat I think. In general, crime rates are low so you hardly feel threatened at almost any hour of the day.
Restaurants are great here too. there isn't really such a thing as a bad restaurant in Korea, there's just too much competition to be lousy and the service is amazing. Well, mostly in terms of speed including if you order out. It's kinda crazy, I don't know how they're so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment