Tuesday, March 20, 2012

scary sounding metro

Our metro system was built in the 60's so it's developed certain quirks over the decades. Sometimes those quirks are downright scary. Like how recently one of the cars became detached while it was traveling between stations and passengers had to walk in tunnels to get out. Or just annoying, like when the cars are traveling fast and start to shake up and down alot since the tires are slightly bent out of shape so all your fat is jiggling around. It is particularly unfortunate for large-chested women. Well, this time I was just taking the metro after volunteering with adults who mostly have cerebral palsy and it started making a loud rattling noise. I thought, this is it. Something's wrong with the metro and we're all gonna die. And then I thought, well, I can die a happy person because I know I helped and loved people today. And I felt totally at peace for a while. Then the metro rolled away and everything was fine of course. Yet I felt like I learned something there. Felt a glimpse of my future and the key to happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment