Saturday, March 3, 2012

applied for school once again

Last time I went back to school was a year and a half ago but I was trying too much all at once, and to top it all off I didn't think I had an addiction problem at all. So I ended up going crazy with stress and lasted about a month or so. Since then I've gone to rehab and two group therapies, one of them being the incredibly wise DBT. And my dad's been bugging me about my future plans and getting on with it. And I've been getting the idea of Art Therapy but it's a scary Master's program and also such a narrow field of therapy. I figured, if I really want to help people, it would be better to be a certified psychologist, which means a PhD here in Quebec. So, I prayed about it, I think got the go-ahead, and applied for the specialization in psychology bachelor's program for the fall semester. The thing my psychologist has been bugging me forever just to look into and I suddenly completely applied finally! I didn't get to talk to him about it yet but I know for sure I can't continue classes under the same conditions as before ie, I can't be smoking as much as I do. I wouldn't remember enough. I have to consider the option of rehab once again. ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment