Saturday, February 7, 2009

doctor's appt

I finally got myself to my doctor's office yesterday and of course, living in Quebec, I had to wait all morning to see him. That man is just waaay too busy thanks to the system here.
Anyways I didn't really want to go but I had to since I've been prescribed an anti-depressant at the hospital recently. It's been a month since I started taking it but I don't really feel any different. He said that I don't need to really, it's just supposed to reduce the number of 'strange' thoughts that may enter my head. That surprised me because a number of people have told me that they usually feel numb, neither happy or sad and luckily I'm not feeling that way at all. I still get really upset and really happy. My only frustration these days is that sometimes I just don't go to class, or choir practice, or small group. I don't know if it's just because I'm lazy/spoiled, undisciplined or the depression which I sometimes am not sure I have. But other times I'm sure I do. I just don't want to use depression as an excuse to be lazy but on the other hand it is an illness that can be debilitating. Ugh. And of course, I've been feeling like I have no good friends who bother to call me or want to meet up. Enough of whininess.

I just got Guitar Pro today and spent the whole afternoon trying to figure out how to use it while fixing a tab for Kalmah's Doubtful of it All. It's fun and frustrating at the same time. For those who don't know it's a program for writing out music scores, it automatically writes out both music notation and tabs for whatever you enter and can play it back for you etc. I found a guitar pro tab for the above mentioned song somewhere (I forget where) and it's really impressive because someone figured out all the different parts like drums and keyboards including guitars. BUT, there's alot of mistakes in the lead guitar part. So I'm doing my own guitar pro tab for just the lead guitar which is almost done. I'll post it here when it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment