Monday, June 1, 2009

Graduating?! And such...

It is only slowly sinking in that I have graduated from university with a bachelor's... I can't tell people anymore that I'm a student when they ask me what I do in life! That's crazy. Well, I guess I'm an aspiring artist now but I'm not sure that really works. Now I really have nothing to depend on but God to give me purpose in life. It's scary but exciting too. Surely He has some sort of plan for me and all the gifts He gave me and then I won't feel so useless anymore. Actually, I'm thinking I might go back to school in music but maybe that's just so I can call myself a student again. But I do want to take guitar-playing more seriously in some way or other. In fact, a random silly dream of mine is to move to Norway, meet some hot Christian metalheads and form a metal band and probably sell artwork on the side as well. I also just want to travel around Europe and see what it's like, learn some history and see how their artistic cultures run in comparison to here.
But anyways, right now I know I have to stay put and take a break from everything and resist the feeling that maybe I'm just being lazy. For how can God transform me when I'm frantically running around trying to earn my right to exist and take up resources? So, I'm going to focus on growing closer with the Lord and making some art and music for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment