Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Some alternative fashion talk

I thought I might start talking a bit about fashion here since it's another way I like to express myself. More specifically I like Victorian goth, cybergoth and gothic lolita styles. So, I will mostly talk about my purchases from the occasional store and the internet or things I want.

The first item I want to talk about is my new arm bracer. It's hand-made, real leather and was on sale. It was made more for LARPer's in mind but I love how heavy metal it looks. If something wearable is mostly black, with metal on it, then I will probably like it. It's perfect to wear to a concert and works like armour if you get stuck in a mosh pit!


Armour designed for the Middle Ages works for metalheads too

I used to looove Brown's, the shoe store, especially in the late 90's when I was 12 or 13. Now, I think it has gotten better compared to some past years but it's just not as interesting anymore. Maybe because they made a designer section which is insanely expensive and moved their cutting edge shoes there. Anyways, I've collected their catalogues over the years and there is one pair of boots I can never forget about. They have huge platform soles and look like they're from outer space which is awesome. Admittedly I don't have much cybergoth clothing that would go with them but that's not important. Oh how I wish I bought them when I had the chance! But my mom wouldn't let me, me being only 13 and such. I wonder if there's a pair somewhere out there, in my size and preferably black instead of the blue which I saw in store...


this image is from the 1999 catalogue I saved. I can't believe it's been 10 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment