Thursday, April 30, 2009

tattoo part 1

On Monday I got my tattoo! But only part of it. The designs from the book of Kells will happen sometime next week. This part is Christ's monogram. The letters that look like P and X are the first two letters of Christ's name in Greek. The early Christians used this symbol to recognize each other when they were being persecuted by the Romans (I think) and it is what Constantine saw in a vision in the stars which brought him victory and made Christianity the state religion. I was a bit nervous about how it would feel because I knew it would definitely hurt but luckily two of my friends came along and chatted with me the whole time so I was distracted from the pain. It wasn't too bad and in the end they weren't sure if I even felt any pain judging from my reactions. But it stung quite a bit for the next day or two. It's pretty good now and I can't wait to see what the tattoo artist comes up with for the rest of the designs that will go round my arm!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! you've got some crazy designs there. very impressive

    ReplyDelete