Tuesday, September 13, 2011

co-labouring with God

I realize more and more how important the concept of co-labouring with God is. It's what we've all been created for. It's the reason for living. If I only try my very best at everything it won't be enough. I will still fail, especially by God's perfect standard and most certainly my own expectations. But if I sit back and do nothing to let God do everything, what was the point of me being created and physically present in the first place? God wants a relationship with us that includes working together in this life. I'm wondering if He wants me to help Him help other people through art as an art therapist. But for now co-labouring means working to declare His Truth over my life, to take it as truth that He loves me and has plans to prosper me and deliver me from evil. That's my new approach for singing and playing praise music. It's declaring in musical form how wonderful, comforting and loving God is through Jesus Christ. One day I'll be completely free to help others. No more being mentally ill and self-destructive.

No comments:

Post a Comment