Tuesday, September 13, 2011

too much mush

Wow I have to be careful with my mushrooms. I had too many the other day and had the most intense trip ever. Never again! So intense I went into the spiritual dimension of existence. Anyways, it started slowly. Little visual distortions, everything moving like I was underwater. Textures became very interesting and pictures started moving. Then we watched an episode of Futurama and I felt like I was actually in the world of the show and everything was happening for real and I saw everything through Fry's mind so I was stupider too. Then I started to watch my favorite film Howl's Moving Castle and again I felt like I was really there in that magical world flying over rooftops with patterns spilling out of the TV. But then I couldn't concentrate on it anymore so I went to my room and enjoyed a flashing light stick and pictures of space but I couldn't concentrate for long on them either. It was because it got even more intense. I felt my rational mind shut down and my spiritual eyes open. I couldn't see normally anymore, instead I could feel the vast power of God holding existence together. I was in the spiritual dimension and I could feel spirits around me. At the same time the part of my brain that holds rational thinking and a sense of self just totally shut down so I ceased to exist as myself anymore. I was just pure awareness, I was no longer me, I was melted into all of existence. No words can completely describe how this felt. It was accompanied by a roller-coaster ride thrill feeling. It was all so overwhelming I started tearing. And then started panicking that I was losing my mind and needed to go to the hospital. I just kept praying to God, "I'm sorry I trespassed into Your domain! I won't do it again! Just let me come down soon!" Eventually I did start to come down and calm down but I was so high my head felt like it was scraping the ceiling and I don't want that again.
I told someone at church about it and he said that some Christians experience something similar through prayer and meditation but the difference is that they are being accompanied and protected by the Holy Spirit and I wasn't. At least accompanied anyways. I could feel I was being protected because that's a vulnerable state to be in to be attacked by the devil but I wasn't and I think that accounts for some of the bad trips people can have on hallucinogenics.

No comments:

Post a Comment